Temporary service adjustments
In alignment with COVID-19 safety precautions, some of the services and information described on this page may have temporarily changed. CCBC students are encouraged to use virtual tutoring and academic coaching.
Learn more about CCBC’s response to COVID-19 »
Success is up to youIn this section you'll find advice and guidance for making the most out of your time at CCBC. Your success is up to you, but CCBC is behind you all the way. Get started with these tips.
Twenty tips for academic success
- Attend classes. Communicate with your instructors.
- Ask questions.
- Become organized.
- Schedule regular study times.
- Find a good place to study and organize that area.
- List academic tasks according to priorities.
- Concentrate on one task at a time.
- Do not skip the difficult items on your to-do list.
- Start assignments as soon as they are given.
- Study when you are most alert and awake.
- Take regular study breaks.
- Review your notes regularly.
- Keep on top of your work.
- Frequently ask yourself “What is the best use of my time right now?”
- Request a tutor for classes in which you need help.
- Identify your learning style.
- Choose study strategies that correspond to your learning style.
- Set deadlines for yourself.
- Reward yourself for reaching your goals.