Temporary service adjustments
In alignment with COVID-19 safety precautions, some of the services and information described on this page may have temporarily changed. CCBC students are encouraged to use virtual tutoring and academic coaching.
Learn more about CCBC’s response to COVID-19 »
Become a Tutor or Supplemental Instruction LeaderTutors play a vital role in the Student Success Center. They are knowledgeable, reliable, patient, positive and hardworking.
They not only work with students to help them become independent learners, master content material, and employ good study skills, but they also assist in the day-to-day operations of the Student Success Center.
- Subject matter competency
- Faculty recommendations
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to relate to students with differing academic levels and needs.
- Greater and more-in depth understanding of the subject matter
- Experience working with individuals of differing ages, nationalities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Improved communication skills
How to apply
- View available opportunities at CCBC
- You can apply online by clicking on the job title you are interested in and clicking on the "Apply" link!
- Select the position below in which you are interested: “Peer Tutor, Tutor I, II, III, IVA or IVB” and click 'Apply'.
- Register with NeoGov and complete the application. If this is your first time using this online job system, you will need to create an account. After your account has been established, you can build an application by clicking on the "Build Job Application" link. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening.
- Upload a current resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts for all postsecondary education listed in the application. You can attach separate cover letters for each job to which you are applying.
- Answer agency questions and any Supplemental Questions for the position. In this section indicate on which campus you would like to work (ie, Catonsville, Owings Mills, Dundalk, Essex).
- If you are a CCBC student, obtain two faculty recommendations. Print the Faculty Recommendation and forward to your instructor.
- Certify and submit your application.
Without a doubt, tutoring is hard work, but it’s worth it. For more information, contact the Student Success Center on your campus.
Student Success Center hours
Fall and Spring sessions
9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Winter and Summer sessions
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.