Military-targeted courses to get an edge & streamline your journeyAs a military-connected student, you can streamline your journey to an exciting career in several ways here at CCBC.
- Connect with experienced faculty and industry professionals in small classes where you can really learn.
- Take military-specific courses to give you an edge when it comes to maximizing your benefits.
- Get credit for what you learned in the military and get a jump start by capitalizing on our Prior Learning Assessment program.
- Upgrade your skills, be your own boss, or start a new chapter in your life by using your military educational benefits to change careers.
Academic Development 101 for Military-connected Students
- Resources Awareness and College Adaptation
- Academic and Career Planning
- Financial Aid and VA Education Benefits Awareness
- Veteran-focused Programs and Services Awareness
- Assess Your Learning Styles
- Test-Taking Strategies and Study Skill Techniques
- Time Management Strategy and Priority Setting Tactics
- Critical Thinking, Decision-making, and Writing Skills
- Communication and Listening Skills
- Stress Management
- Attend a Veteran Services Event
- Military-connected Wellness Programs
- Career Management Skills: Job Search
- Career Management Skills: Job Interviews
Learn more about ACDV 101 »
Physical Education Fitness Training (PEFT 101)
Learn more »
Learn more »
Transportation Technology Programs:
Learn more »
Computer Science / Information Technology
Check out your opportunity to obtain either a cybersecurity or network technology Associate's or Certificate at CCBC!
- Network Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree -
Students may select between the Cisco, Microsoft, Red Hat, or Security option, or they may customize their technology electives to best suit their work or transfer needs.
- Cybersecurity, Associate of Applied Science Degree
- A+ Certificate
- Cisco Certificate
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- General Networking Certificate
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) Certificate
- Red Hat Linux (Red Hat Certified Technician) Certificate
Veterans also have experience navigating government systems while adhering to strict policies and procedures – both necessary when working in law enforcement and corrections. Most positions in the criminal justice system depend on the ability to assess problems and respond appropriately. Again, skills that are acquired through military service. If you are committed to serving your community while enhancing public safety, a career in criminal justice may be for you!
Learn more »
Got leadership skills? Managed subordinates? Worked in the administrative or human resources office for your unit? Get PLA credit and start moving up the corporate ladder more quickly, or be your own boss!Learn more »
Business Management Programs
Manufacturing and FAB Lab
Manufacturing skills are in HIGH DEMAND!!!
Machine Tool - Train to work in entry-level skilled machine tool positions such as manual set-up operator, CNC mill set-up operator, maintenance machinist, or machining quality inspector by completing the Machine Tool Short Term Training
Design Fabrication and Advanced Manufacturing - You can also prepare yourself to work in digital and additive manufacturing careers, sign making, innovative and entrepreneurial ventures with the Design and Make (Basic), FAB Lab Training Certificate.Learn more »
Physical Education and Wellness
- Once you control your mind, you can control your body - come join us in a stress management course or mindful meditation course offered by the Wellness Department.
- Push harder today if you want a different tomorrow – come workout in in a weight training course offered during the day, evening and weekends.
- Rest a while and run a mile - come join a cardiovascular exercise course offered during the day, evening and weekends.
- Commit to be fit – join our free or credit/noncredit workout classes offered on all three campuses
Physical Education and Wellness Programs:
Transportation, Logistics, Maritime Studies
The maritime and transportation industry is a critical component of our nation’s economy and global security. There are more than 3,700 marine terminals in the U.S. which move more than $2 trillion worth of domestic and international goods through an intermodal transportation system. Translate your maritime skills into PLA credit and start sailing again
Transportation, Distribution, and Maritime Logistics Programs: