Is your video compliant?The checklist below is based on the content in the video. Acceptable answers are: yes, no or n/a.
If 'No' is the answer to any item, then the document is not 508 compliant.
These checks should be performed on all videos:
(No matter what is present in the actual content.)
- Do video only files have an accurate transcript? WCAG criterion 1.2.1
- Is the video free from content that flashes more than 3 times per second? WCAG criterion 2.3.1
- Can the video be paused or stopped? WCAG criterion 2.2.2
- Does any information conveyed with color have a non-color method for understanding? WCAG criterion 1.4.1
- Does all text which is not narrated (with the exception of logos) have a contrast ratio of 4.5:1 or greater no matter the size? WCAG criterion 1.4.3
- Do all videos have accurate and synchronized captions? WCAG criterion 1.2.2
- Do captions have a contrast ratio of 4.5:1 or greater no matter the size? WCAG criterion 1.4.3
- Are there any informational parts of the video that require audio description to be understood by users with limited sight and if so, is a second version with audio description available? WCAG criterion 1.2.5
If you re-edit the video content, you may have to re-edit the captions, transcripts and/or audio descriptions.
Learn accessibility best practices and compliance standards
- Why and how to make accessible videos?
- How to caption videos?
- How to make audio descriptions?
- How to create accessible social media content?