Disability Support ServicesDisability Support Services (DSS) is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified students with disabilities to ensure that they have an equal opportunity to succeed in their academic endeavors at CCBC.
The CCBC Disability Support Services (DSS) staff is available to help you by appointment. All DSS services will be offered virtually by phone or video chat using Microsoft Teams.
Sign-up for a virtual visitVirtual appointments: To schedule a virtual appointment, call 443.840.3832 during our hours of operation.
Need a computer? Come to any CCBC campus and check in at the Academic Advisement desk to use a computer for your virtual appointment.
When to meet with a DSS counselor
Students should meet with a DSS counselor to:
- Provide medical documentation and discuss eligibility for services
- Discuss accommodations for placement testing or CCBC classes/activities
- Receive assistance with course selection/registration and inform the counselor of any class schedule changes
- Obtain guidance for personal, academic and career goals
- Discuss any personal/academic issues or concerns about accommodations
Accommodations are individualized for each student, but some may include:
Requesting accommodations for the first time
Any information given to Disability Support Services (DSS) is confidential and will only be released to other offices on campus with the student’s written permission. Students requesting accommodations for the first time must voluntarily disclose a disability and provide professional documentation by following these steps:
- Read Documentation guidelines for specific disability.
- Gather medical documentation and scan, if possible.
- Complete and submit the secure Student Intake form. Medical documentation can be uploaded to this form.
- DSS will contact you to schedule an intake appointment (one hour) to review and discuss your request.
Accommodation renewal (current students)
Students must complete an accommodation request form each semester in order to have accommodation letters prepared for new classes.