Mass Communication ProgramsThe mass communication transfer pattern will introduce students to studio production, film history, electronic media, journalism and corporate communications such as advertising and public relations. The two transfer patterns in mass communication are Studio Production and Corporate Communications (including Journalism).
Mass Communications - Associate of Arts
- Corporate Communications, Humanities and Social Sciences Transfer Pattern
- Studio Production, Humanities and Social Sciences Transfer Pattern
What can I do with a major in Mass Communication Studies?
- First Camera Assistant
- Lighting Designer
- Cable TV Production
- Film Editor
- Multimedia Designer
- Advertising Executive
- Consumer Affairs Liaison
- Information Analyst
- Labor Relations Consulting
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Newsletter Editor
- Media Relations Specialist
- Broadcast New Anchor
- New Media Consultant
InternshipsInternships are available to Mass Communications students who meet the following criteria:
- Registered MCOM students of CCBC (students from other institutions cannot earn internship credit via CCBC)
- The student should have completed a minimum of 9 credits in MCOM Electives - including coursework that is relevant to the internship opportunity.
- The student should maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Students should allow sufficient time to arrange for an internship. It is recommended that you begin your internship planning the semester before you plan to intern. If you meet the criteria above, contact the MCOM Program Coordinator to begin the process.