Veterans & Military-Connected PersonnelCCBC takes pride in serving those who have served by providing attention to the needs of our military-connected students, whether they are active duty, National Guard, Reservists, veterans, dependent spouses or children, or survivors.
CCBC Veteran Services would like to thank you for your service! We're here to help you succeed in the classroom and beyond by connecting you to a variety of internal and external support services. CCBC has a VA Certifying Official on each of the three main campuses: Catonsville, Dundalk and Essex, to help you learn about your military educational benefits, scholarships, and other financial aid options.
See what you can be
At CCBC you can build the skills you need to transition directly from your military occupation into a closely-related civilian career, earn an associate’s degree, or take the first step toward a bachelor’s degree and transfer with ease.
Visit CCBC’s Office of Veteran Services or contact a VA Certifying Official at:
- Catonsville Campus: 443.840.4305
- Dundalk Campus: 443.840.3103
- Essex Campus: 443.840.2106
It’s a smart move
- Connect with experienced faculty and industry professionals in small classes where you can really learn.
- Learn more about your military benefits and be matched with mentors every step of the way when you take our special Academic Development 101 course tailored for military-connected students.
- Use your military training and experience to jump ahead, spending less time and money on your degree. CCBC is here to help you meet your educational goals!
It’s an incredible value
The fact is, CCBC is the best deal for your educational dollar. Your investment and military benefits will go further here thanks to…
- More than 200 program options
- Guaranteed transfer
- Small classes with dedicated faculty
- Flexible day, night, weekend and online schedules
- Career and job placement advisement
- Specialized services for veterans, including:
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) for military credits
- Mentorship programs and special events for veterans
- Academic support services tailored to veterans’ needs
- Scholarship opportunities
- SALUTE Honor Society and other veteran-specific student organizations
See how CCBC stands out from the rest
CCBC’s yearly cost for a full-time student averages less than half the cost of a public four-year college, and our career training courses are way more affordable than those at proprietary training schools. It’s an unbeatable value, made even better by CCBC’s seamless transfer agreements with many colleges and universities. In fact, CCBC graduates are guaranteed admission* to any school in the University System of Maryland and many earn scholarships to their select transfer schools.*Subject to space availability
CCBC lets you hit the ground running
CCBC has a robust prior learning assessment program designed with you in mind. Bring your Joint Services Transcript (JST) or your Air Force transcript (CCAF) to see what you can transfer to CCBC. Get credit for what you already know with Prior Learning Assessment! You can earn up to 75% of the credits required for a program of study at CCBC through:
- Military transcript/ACE
- Formal testing such as CLEP, DSST, IB, AP
- Departmental exam
- Portfolio review
- Industry certification, licensure or apprenticeship
With classes available close to your home, job, or wherever you need to be, CCBC makes it easy to fit college into your busy life. Our advisors can help you build a schedule that works for you. Choose from classes offered days, evenings and weekends online or at any of our three main campuses in Catonsville, Dundalk and Essex, and our extension centers in Owings Mills, Hunt Valley and Randallstown.
CCBC also offers a flexible deployment policy for military members and their families, so if you deploy, you and your family are covered. You can make the most of your time at CCBC with the many flexible scheduling options available.
See how you can explore CCBC for yourself
Join us for a Thursday Tour or meet with staff for an in-depth look at CCBC during one of our Discover CCBC information sessions.
Follow us on social media to find out what’s happening on campus, read what our students are saying, and see more of what CCBC has to offer.
See how you can become a CCBC student
Complete an Application for Admission. There’s no application fee.
In addition to the general admission procedures, students applying for veterans benefits will need to take some additional steps.
Learn about applying for VA Benefits for the first time »
Learn about transferring VA Benefits from another school »