Registration Steps for StudentsYou can register for classes as soon as registration opens for the next semester. You do not need to wait until the current semester ends.
Upcoming Start Dates
Winter 2024*: Registration now available
- December 26
- January 2
Spring 2024: Registration now available
- January 29
- February 26
- March 18
*Due to CCBC winter break, in-person registration will be unavailable 12/22-1/1, but you can still register online through SIMON during this time.
Verify your majorIf you receive financial aid, your award will pay only for required courses in your eligible declared major. Check your declared major (Program of Study) in SIMON. Once in SIMON, click on Students > Student Profile > Review Primary Major.
If your major is correct, you may register for classes.Check DegreeWorks for the courses required for your degree or certificate.
If your major is incorrect:
- Submit a Program of Study Change form.
If you receive VA Educational Benefits, you must contact the VA Office for ALL change of majors. Failure to do so may affect your VA Educational Benefits.
Before you register for classes
- Verify your name and address in SIMON.
- Change your personal information and update your official college records as needed.
- Online students: Some online courses may involve additional fees for proctored testing. Review the CCBC Online testing guidelines.
1. Meet with an advisor to discuss:
- Course selection
- Selecting a major/program of study
- Prerequisites for courses
- Course transferability
- Developmental education courses
- Academic probation
Meet with an advisor today »
2. Successfully complete prerequisites.
- Prior to registration, review your final grades in any pre- or co-requisite courses to make sure they were successfully completed.
- If you were not successful in completing the pre- or co-requisite courses, or if you earn a D grade where a C is required, you will not be able to take the class you selected for next term and you will need to adjust your early registration because you will not be allowed to continue in a course for which you are ineligible.
Course prerequisites are subject to change. Please check the online catalog or see your advisor for a current list of course prerequisites before registration.
3. Satisfy your outstanding obligations.
4. Register for classes.
Learning EnvironmentsRanging from fully on-site to fully online, we're offering a variety of learning options to better meet student needs.