Certified Nursing Assistant to Licensed Practical NurseLaunch your new career in nursing, at no cost. In fact, we’ll pay you to train, and guarantee full-time employment.
In partnership with Baltimore County government and the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (UM SJMC), CCBC is proud to announce this amazing opportunity for 30 select participants.
How it works
Training from a statewide leader in healthcare education
Support: we’re with you every step of the way
CCBC will provide tutoring and specialized instruction to help you reach your goal. If you’re willing to put in the work, we’re willing to help you get there.
In addition, you will receive monthly stipends throughout the program, totaling $25,000, to help cover things like transportation, childcare, and other living expenses, so you can focus on your training.
Employment with a regional healthcare powerhouse
You will continue to work as a CNA while you complete your nursing studies. When you complete the rest of the program and graduate as a Licensed Practical Nurse from CCBC, you’ll continue your employment as a LPN.
Who is eligibleThis pilot program is for a select group of 30 participants. To be eligible, participants must:
- Be seeking a career as a nurse or genuine interest in the nursing career pathway (CNA to LPN)
- Be willing to work three 12-hour shifts per week at St. Joseph Medical Center in Towson, Maryland upon successful completion of the CNA credentialing exam
- Be willing to commit to 24 months of education coursework
- Have a High School Diploma
- Have a valid social security number
- Reside in Baltimore County
- Qualify for one or more of the following: SNAP, Emergency Rental Assistance, TANF, Temporary Cash Assistance, Temporary Disabilities Assistance Program, Emergency Assistance for Families and Children, Medical Assistance, or Baltimore County Supportive Housing Programs
- Have the ability to attend classes at CCBC Essex and/or CCBC Randallstown
- Authorized to work in the United States and eligible for employment at the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
April: Interviews at St. Joseph Medical Center
- May: Participant selection & orientation
- June: Training begins!
Attend an information session to get started
If you’re interested in applying for this program, sign up for one of our mandatory information sessions. At these sessions, you’ll meet program staff, receive more information about the nursing career pathway, and learn how to apply.
Sign up now»