Nursing Assistant/Geriatric Nursing AssistantThis course series prepares students to apply for Maryland State certification as both a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and a Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA).
Nursing Assistants work under the supervision of an RN or LPN. They assist with daily living functions which include helping patients with eating, dressing, bathing, personal grooming and toileting. They are responsible for taking a patient’s temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, and blood pressure.
Learn more about the Nursing Assistant program »
Students are required to attend a mandatory orientation. Orientations will be offered online starting July 2015. Please see below or contact Program Support personnel for access to online orientation information.
Orientation Registration Process for the online orientation:
- New Students: Call CCBC Registration at 443.840.2222 or 443.840.4700 to apply for a CCBC Student Identification (ID) number. Also register for CRN 71758. If you are not a new student to CCBC, then you should already have your ID number and you just need to register for CRN 71758.
- Go to https://shwa.ccbcmd.edu/ to retrieve your user name and create a password. If you already have a CCBC user name and password, skip this step.
- Go to https://ccbcmd-bb.blackboard.com/ to access the online application.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- Click the “Course” tab at the top of the page. You will see the nursing orientation course.